Friday, January 21, 2011

Strange Neighbors

Yesterday a sign, of sorts, appeared on the wall outside the sliding doors of my first floor neighbor. It's a hand made sign from a piece of white notebook paper, the message written with a blue ball point pen and there is a lots of scotch tape attaching it the wall. The think it says something like: This porch is now under surveillance. Violators will be shot and killed.

Nice, huh?

I don't know exactly what prompted such a sign but it might have been due to cigarette buts. Over the last several months, at various times, there have been an excess of cigarette buts (I'm talking over two dozen) all over that patio. It's a first floor patio and all the resident in this part of the building have walk past it every day. It was rather disgusting. I'm not really sure who lives there (I think it's a disabled person who has a care giver) but I have seen a man in his mid-20s sitting in the beat up old swivel office chair on the patio smoking cigarettes.

Apparently the complex management doesn't know or doesn't care that one of it's tenants has posted a sign threatening people.

I would have taken a photograph of the sign for you but I didn't want to get shot and killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment