Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Intentions

When it comes to writing, I always have really good intentions. It's just that sometimes they don't come to be. Every Monday I start out thinking that ever day this week I will get some writing in. I think that from the time I get home from work to the time I go to bed I should be able to write for at least one hour. But a lot of times that doesn't happen.

Why? Well the biggest reason is that I have a full time job that right now is very frustrating and I come home exhausted. Once I get home booksm, television and the Internet keep me from writing and the fact that I'm exhausted. I could write on the weekends and sometimes I do but I don't want my writing to become work (which, I guess in reality it is - you definitely have to work at it) and, for me, the hardest thing is to find the time. And did I mention I come home from work exhausted?

And right now, I'm writing this blog instead of working on my book. I also plan to visit a couple more Web sites before calling it quits for the night (I've already visited a couple before I started writing this blog). Plus, at some point I'm going to have to cook dinner and I have to do all this before The Big Bang Theory and CSI comes on (I've got about an hour now).

In my defense, I did do some writing today during my lunch. I actually got the "skeleton" of my book finished. But it's still no where near being completely done. At 30 chapter and just under 50,000 words, I still have a lot of writing to do and the flash drive is right next to me on the desk, waiting to be plugged in.

Well, it's Thursday and it's been a long week and another Monday is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment