Sunday, January 9, 2011

I See London, I See France...

I was just sitting a my computer, catching up on some blog reading and folding my clean socks and underwear (multi-tasking) when I had idea for my blog - underwear.

First, I keep my underwear in the top drawer of my dresser. Is this where most people keep their underthings? If so, why is that drawer the smallest? I used to keep bras, underwear and socks all in that drawer but a few years ago I had to move all my socks to an separate bin in my closest. Why? Because I guess I have to0 much underwear.

I rank my underwear:

Level 1 Underwear - The perfect pair. It fits perfect and it's still in good shape because it's still fairly new.

Level 2 Underwear - Still fits but is starting to show a little wear and tear.

Level 3 Underwear - There are two kinds in this category. There are the ones that fit perfectly but now might have a little hole or some of the elastic is starting to get wanky. And then there is the underwear that is still in great condition, almost new, but is so because it's just one size too small or were really cute in the store but didn't really fit right when I got them home. The too small ones were bought during a euphoric time when a couple of pounds had been shed and there was a sense of hopefulness that, I have to admit, didn't last. I don't throw out Level 3 Underwear as often as I should because this is what I wear when I have no more clean Level 1 or Level 2 Underwear (it happens sometimes). I know I should take stock of my underwear more often but really, who wants to spend time doing that?

BTW - I have the same ranking system for bras.

Anyway, I have been known to go out and buy new underwear instead of doing laundry (in my defence I don't own a washer/dryer and have to leave my home to do laundry). I know, it's kind of shameful but sometimes it's easier to just go to Target than the Laundromat.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I just wrote a long comment here and ... wordpress or blogger ATE it! Drat.
    OK, just to say that this made me alugh, also because it's so true on the ranking system. And what is up with socks that they're so damn hard to control and must be banned to another drawer or basket?

    ReplyDelete