Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is it Spring Yet?

The calendar says it is but I’m not so sure here in the suburbs of Denver. We’ve had a mixture of rain and snow a lot over the last few weeks. Yes, I said snow. In May. And it’s not just any snow, it is apparently mud snow. Some how, some way mud is covering my car along with the snow/slush that has been coming from the sky lately. What the heck is that stuff? It’s there BEFORE I drive my car anywhere. I try to brush it (along with the snow/slush) off my car but it doesn’t come off! Everything is just dirty.

But apparently my bougainvillea plant realized it was spring. I had a great bougainvillea for many years. It would bloom all year around, red flowers, pink flowers, peach flowers. But then I went on vacation and someone (who will remain nameless) forgot to water it so it died. But back in November the mother of a friend gave me a new bougainvillea. She’d had it for 20 years and was just tired of it. It looked healthy, it had lots of leaves but no flowers. I watered it and still no flowers. Then the leaves started to fall off but I just kept watering it even though my Mother said it was dying. And then last week, literally overnight, flower started to appear, beautiful pink/peach flowers. It still hasn’t gotten a lot of leaves back but it’s full of flowers!

So maybe spring is here after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment