Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Dare You

I don’t think people who know me would call me a silly person. I tend to be very sensible. But I can definitely get into silly moods. Last weekend a couple of girlfriends and I went to brunch (a very good brunch indeed, the food was fabulous). As we are figuring out the bill the table next to us got their food and my friend notices a plate with homemade potato chips and comments on how good they look.

“I’ll give you $10 if you go over to that table and ask that man for one of his potato chips,” I said to my friend (ala “Seinfield – The Chinese Restaurant” episode where the gang is waiting for a table and Jerry dares Elaine to take an egg roll from someone's plate and eat it, offering her $50 if she does so).

My friend laughs and refuses. I told her I’d do it for $10 but then nobody dares me or offers the $10.

Probably a year ago some friends and I has just finished dinner and had some time to kill before going to our Bible study so we went into a Dollar Store. There are a lot of interesting things in Dollar Stores, including really hideous hair extensions. One of my friends (who just happened to be at the bunch last Saturday) dared me to buy the hot pink one and wear it to Bible study. I got them and some bobby pins and went to work. I’m sure I looked absolutely terrible (nobody had a camera phone at the time) but I went to Bible study and got a good laugh out of everyone. Of course there was a brand new couple there so I made a really good first impression on them!

So go ahead, dare me and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment