Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bosses

I admit I have had a lot of different jobs in my adult lifetime. I tend to get bored after a couple of years and decided to move on. I will have been at my current job for four years in June and that is a record for me. I would have to say that in half of those jobs I've had really, really bad bosses (also part of the reason I leave) but I have had a few good ones. And unfortunately they leave before I do.

And it's happened again. My boss sent me an IM "Would you come see me please." I walk into her office and she asks me to shut the door. Oh no! I ask if it's good news or bad news and she says it depends on your viewpoint and that's when I knew. Even so, I admit I threw my hands in my head when she said she was resigning. Yes, I've been here before.

I worked with my current boss at my last job, she wasn't my boss but we got along well enough that when she left that job and started her current job, eight months later I was working for her. I wasn't looking for a job at the time (although I was thinking about it) so her offer came at a great time. And she didn't go looking for this new job, it came to her.

I am happy for her and I wish her well. She's a good boss. She understood that work is not the most important thing in life and she appreciates good employees.

As for me, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Probably nothing for now, just wait and see where things go. I might start doing some research though. But first I think I'll have a really, really big drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment