Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hooray! Summer is Almost Over!

I am so glad summer is almost over. It’s my least favorite season. There is really nothing good about summer. It’s just plan hot. I don’t like hot. I like mild or cool but not hot. Cold is better than hot. I long for cool, crisp fall days with light breezes coming through my window. I can’t wait for days when I can go outside in jeans and a sweater and feel totally comfortable. I can wait for the nights that are cold enough to have a crackling fire in the fireplace.

I love water. I really, really love the ocean (any time of year) but unfortunately I don’t live near an ocean or even a lake (lakes here in Colorado are really just large ponds or reservoirs). Summer is for vacation right? The majority of working adults don’t get a “summer vacation.” If we want to take a vacation in the summer we have to use up our precious vacation time. I use the word precious because I work about 250 days a year and get 10 vacation days. That’s it…10.

Another thing to hate about summer is the clothes. Unless you have a perfect or near-perfect body summer clothes suck. Enough said about that.

Fall can’t get here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment