Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Cookie Search

Earlier this month was the 100th birthday of the Oreo cookie. On that day I brought into work a package of Oreo cookies to share with my co-workers. It was yummy, it had been a really, really long time since I had an Oreo cookie (I tend to eat them more in the form of a DQ Blizzard).


Earlier this week the co-worker who sits next to me said they have a birthday cake Oreo for sale. Now if you are an Oreo connoisseur you know there are many different variations on the Oreo: double stuff, mint, vanilla, peanut butter, chocolate covered to name a few). When I was in the grocery store this week I went to the cookie aisle to find these birthday cake Oreos but couldn't see them anywhere.


Friday afternoon when I asked my co-worker if he wanted on of the last three Oreos he said no, he'd had some birthday cake ones at lunch. What?!?! And he didn't bring me any. I told him I looked for them and couldn't find them. And he said (as men often do) that I must not have looked very hard. My response was, well, I probably shouldn't mention it here. Instead I told him I expected some birthday cake Oreos on my desk when I came in Monday morning. Let's see if he comes through.



Update: 8:38 a.m. Monday, March 26 - No Birthday Cake Oreos on my desk.




Update: 1:24 p.m. Thursday, March 29 - Came back from lunch and there were three Birthday Cake Oreos on my desk. Way to go Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment