Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book List - March 2012

10. The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesley - This is a modern telling of Jane Eyre, set in the 1950s and 1960s Scotland. It follows the original Charlotte Bronte story pretty closely (so if you've read Jane Eyre you'll know what happends) but was an easy and enjoyable read.

11. The Litigators by John Grishom - If you like John Grishom books you'll like this one. Although it is similar to all his other books and the end is rather predictable it's still an okay read.

12 I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella - This is the same author that wrote the Shopaholic series. The main character decided she likes footnotes so this book is full of them (112 to be exact) and after #7 I was over them. The plot kind of came and went, wasn't oneof Kinsella's best books.

13. Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green. Jane was at the forfront of chick lit back in the day of Bridget Jones but what I really like about her is the her characters/books changed as she changed. She no longer writes about twentysomething single women because that's not who she is anymore. She has grown as an author and I really like that about her. This story about a woman in her forties who marries and man with two daughters too a little bit of time to get going but was good in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Have you read the Hunger Games series yet? I started the Hunger Games on Monday and I am over half way through it. Not sure my thoughts on it as of yet. Also have you read The Help? Finished that Sunday, wondering your thoughts. - Marcie

    ReplyDelete