Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

Time to vent a little. Today I had a follow-up doctor appointment for a surgery I had. I arrived on time for my appointment and had to wait 55 minutes to see the doctor for 5 minutes. I was NOT happy. Nobody apologized or gave an explanation for why I had to wait for almost an hour (first in the main waiting room, then in an interior waiting room and then in the exam room).

Now, this doctor has a reputation for not being on time (he was actually an hour late for my surgery) but still, show some respect to your patients, their time is just as valuable as yours (whether you understand that or not). I can understanding if the doctor had some sort of emergency and if that was the case, just tell me and I would understanding. Instead I spent almost an hour watching other patients see other doctors come and go. Not fun.

There are always situations where you are going to have to wait: in line at almost any store, on the telephone with any type of customer service rep, for the bathroom at a sporting event, concert, play, etc. But am I being too impatient in saying waiting 55 minutes to see a doctor for 5 minutes is too long?

I have to go back and see him again in two months. Hopefully after that I won't have to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment