Saturday, April 16, 2011

You Have Got To Be Kidding!

Yesterday I had to go to the bank to get change for the office's petty cash. I went to the bank closest to the office, Citywide Bank. And guess what? Citywide Bank wouldn't give me any change.

Yes, that's right. A BANK (definition: an establishment concerned especially with the custody, loan, exchange or issue of money) would not give me fifteen $1 bills in exchange for three $5 bills. I stood before the teller (who as actually sitting behind a cubicle desk) in utter amazement as I held up my money and said, "Really, you can't make change?"

Now I didn't have an account with Citywide Bank (and now never will) but once I step through their doors I was a customer and it shouldn't have mattered if a I had an account or not. I needed change, they were a bank, I should have been able to do business with them and gotten some stinking change!

I guess I should have known something was wrong when I walked in and immediately saw a security guard to my right (a rather large fellow) sitting in an office chair. Not standing but sitting. In the event of robbery the police would probably get there before that guy got out of the chair. So much for customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment