Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Had A Bad Day

Yes, today was a bad day at work. Without going into the gruesome details, it was one of those bad days that is going to stick with me for a while and make me sick to my stomach.

A couple of weeks ago when I was rifling through my desk drawer looking for the lost flash drive (that STILL makes me sick to my stomach to think about) I found something someone (I can't remember who) gave me awhile back. It was Psalms 23 (for the workplace). I don't know who wrote it but I made some changes to reflect my work place. It was on my desk tonight. By coincidence my Bible study is studying psalms. And since it is Holy week I thought I'd share it with all of you...


Psalms 23 (for the workplace)

The Lord is my boss, and I shall not want.
He gives me peace when chaos is all around me.
He reminds me to pray before I speak in anger.
He restores my sanity.
He guides my decisions that I might honor Him in all I do.
Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails, system failures,
unrealistic deadlines, lazy people, unproofed documents,
staff shortages, stupid questions, fly by the seat of my pants assignments,
solutions pulled out of my butt, crazy requests and a good ole boys club mentality,
I won't give up, for you are with me.
Your presence, peace and power will see me through.
You raise me up, even when the boss fails to promote me (or has any clue what I do).
You claim as your own, even when the company is bought and

I'm not sure what my job is going to be.
Your loyalty and love are better than any 401K.
And when it's said and done.
I'll be working for You a whole lot longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment