Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome to the World Gemma

That last thought I had Monday night before falling asleep was about my friend Nancy and how in two weeks her life was going to change forever because in two weeks her baby was due. Nancy is single and had in vitro. I felt blessed because she asked me to be in the delivery room with her and her mother when she had the baby...in two weeks.

Tuesday morning I get out the shower, getting ready to go to work, when the phone rings. Nancy's at the hospital. Her water broke and she was having contractions. The baby was coming...two weeks early.

I'm pretty sure that at this point in my life I'm not going to get to experience child birth first hand so I felt pretty honored to be there when Gemma Dorothy Strouse came into the world at 12:3o p.m. on Tuesday, November 30 at 6 pounds, 13 ounces and 20 inches long.

Mommy and baby are doing just great but looking back it all seems surreal! Thank you Nancy, for letting me be a part of this wonderful moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment