Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Addiction

It was my friend Nancy's fault. She's the one that got me addicted. She's the one that gave me my first taste and after that it was all I could think of. At $4 a pop my habit could get up to $16 to $20 a month. What am I spending all this money on? Peanut butter.

Yes, you read correctly, peanut butter. But not just any peanut butter, White Chocolate Wonderful by Peanut Butter & Co. Good Lord, it tastes so good and I had to tell my friends about it.

"What do you put it on?" one friend asked.

"My finger," I replied.

Now I have to tell you that I have never before been a big peanut butter person. I like a good PB&J as well as the next person but I usually buy a jar, have a couple of sandwiches and then throw the half eaten jar out several months later. But not this stuff. No, with this stuff I lick the container clean.

After realizing I had a problem I went cold turkey. Weeks would go by and I'd walk down the peanut butter aisle at the grocey store and mustered up the will power not to grab a jar. At $4 a jar I couldn't justify the price. But this week was different. It was on SALE! Fifty cents off! That was two days ago and the jar is almost empty.

My local grocery store carries three varieties of this peanut butter but there are tons of other stuff on their Web site:

http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/index.php

Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment