Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Morning Breakfast with Dad

This morning I decided to cook myself breakfast. This is something I haven't done in so long I can remember the last time I did it. I even put in on one of my just for company square plates (doesn't food just look prettier on square plates). And although I know that this breakfast (which I tried to make a little health with wheat bread and turkey sausage) will probably consume half (if not more) of my salt intake for the day I did it because it reminds me of my Dad.

When we were growing up my Dad would cook breakfast for my sister and I almost every Saturday and Sunday. Usually it was eggs or pancakes and there was always a little daily vitamins on the plate. If you look closely in the upper right corner of my breakfast picture you'll see bottles of the some of the vitamins I take today. Growing up, during the week, breakfast was usually cereal (now it's usually yogurt and granola). But I always knew there'd be a breakfast for me on Saturday and Sunday thanks to my Dad.

Father's Day was this past week. The day after was my Dad's birthday. He would have turned 67 years old today. Even though it's been several years since he passed away, I still miss him terribly. So this morning I made myself breakfast and remembered all the weekend breakfasts my Dad made. Thanks Dad! I love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment