Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And the Oscar Goes To...

This Sunday movie lovers are going to be watching the Oscars. I watch them every year so here is who I think should win and who probably will win. Let me know what you think.


Best Picture

The Artist

The Descendents

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

The Help

Hugo

Midnight in Paris

Moneyball

The Tree of Life

War House



I think there are too many nominations in this category. I will admit I haven't see all these movies but I'm not so sure these are Oscar nomination worthy movies. Anyway, I think either The Descendants or The Artist will win but I think I'd like The Help to win.



Best Actor

Demian Bichir - A Better Life

George Clooney - The Descendants

Jean Dujardin - The Artist

Gary Oldman - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Brad Pitt - Moneyball

George Clooney will win this. He is the Golden Boy of Hollywood. Either he has a really good publicist to hide his dirty laundry or he just doesn't have any dirty laundry. Everybody loves him. I really don't have a favorite in this category.



Best Actress

Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs

Viola Davis - The Help

Rooney Mara - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady

Michelle Williams - My Week With Marilyn



I would like Glenn Close to win this year. She was great in Albert Nobbs and although she's been nominated a couple times before she has never won. I think either she or Viola Davis will win.



Best Supporting Actor

Kenneth Branaugh - My Week With Marilyn

Jonah Hill - Moneyball

Nick Nolte - Warrior

Christopher Plummer - Beginners

Max von Sydow - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close



Christopher Plummer is going to win this. He's 82 years old and has never won an Oscar before. I really don't have a favorite in this category either.



Best Supporting Actress

Berenico Bejo - The Artist

Jessica Chastian - The Help

Melissa McCarthy - Bridesmaids

Janet McTeer - Albert Nobbs

Octavia Spencer - The Help

I would like to see Janet McTeer win this one but I think it will go to Octavia Spencer.



I guess I'll see if my predictions are right on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment