Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Not Easy Being a Blogger

For me, writing a blog isn’t as easy as you’d think. Coming up with topics can be hard. I know other bloggers will write about anything and everything but there are some topics I have decided to stay away from. Not because I don’t want to address these issues, share my views or piss people off. It’s just too easy. So here are some topics I don’t ever plan on blogging about (but never say never) and maybe just a little bit of my insight on them:

1. Politics. Let me just say that anyone who can’t finish a four-year term as governor is not qualified to be President of the United States (notice I bolded anyone). And now I don’t have to think about moving to Canada.


2. Religion. Nine cities (including Denver) have seen TV ads sharing the Mormon faith. (See http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/tv-ads-mormons-pitch-message.html). They claim these ads are trying to explain the Mormon faith but, as the article states, Republican Mitt Romney from Massachusetts is contemplating running for the Presidency and guess what? He’s Mormon. So these ads aren’t really about religion but politics.


3. Totally stupid reality television shows or people who are on totally stupid reality television shows. How can you not think that Kim Kardashian isn’t a total narcissus and her wedding and divorce are just about publicity? And Jersey Shore has had its 15 minutes of fame. Please, let’s move on. Better yet, read a book.


4. Myself or my family. I am not going to share everything about myself on this blog. Yes, I will make fun of myself (or my mother) on occasion but some things are going to be kept private. I don’t feel the need to Twitter every step I take, every move I make (can I use that phrase with paying royalties?) so don’t expect a tell-all here.

So if you’ve been reading, thanks and please keep reading. You never know, one day something might just push me off the edge and I’ll write a scathing blog about one of the above topics. But until then, hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy your blogs. I laugh, I cry, but I don't put a needle in my eye, for then, I could not watch Jersey Shore! :) (or read a book) Thanks for all your effort - your writting rocks the CasssBa....

    ReplyDelete