Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something I've Never Done

This morning on the radio they were talking about things that you might never have done or seen before that it seems like everyone else has. Some were kind of lame. One guy said he’d never seen an episode of Friends (his loss, great show). I don’t have cable so there are probably a lot of shows I’ve never seen. One guy said he’s never seen a James Bond movie. I’m sure everyone has at least one really popular movie they’ve never seen. I’ve never seen It’s a Wonderful Life or any of the Godfather movies. One girl said she’d never been to Las Vegas. I’ve never been to Disney World (and a whole lot of other places) but I’m sure I’m not the only one. And there was one woman who said she’s never had a glass of alcohol and another that said she’s never smoked a cigarette. Don’t think they are the only people in the world who have never done either of those things.

There were some good ones. One woman said she’d never had a McDonald’s hamburger and one guy said he had never even seen a Facebook page before.

Now I could “out” some people I know (like a relative who has never pumped her own gas before – you know who you are) but I won’t name names.

So I started to rack my brain for things that I have never done before that it seems like everyone else has. Best I could come up with is that I’ve never sent a Tweet before but, as popular as it is, not many people I know actually use Twitter so I guess that really doesn’t count. I’m sure something will come to me when I wake up at 3 a.m. and realize I forgot to do something at work.

In the meantime, does this mean I am socially and culturally adept? Are you?

1 comment:

  1. OMG, no waking up in the middle of the night because of work!!! not allowed. It's in the company manual!

    PS I do it ALL the time. Are we nuts?

    ReplyDelete